Beginner level. Objectives:
- Understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type.
- Introduce yourself and others and can ask and answer questions about personal details such as where the other person lives, people they knows and things they have.
- Interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
Advanced beginner level. Objectives:
- Understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment).
- Communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
- Describe in simple terms aspects of your background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need.
Intermediate level. Objectives:
- Understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- Deal with most situations likely to arise while traveling in area where the language is spoken.
- Produce simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest.
- Describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes & ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
Advanced level. Objectives:
- Understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in his/her field of specialization.
- Interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
- Produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
Proficiency level. Objectives:
- Understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognize implicit meaning.
- Express yourself fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions.
- Use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes.
- Produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organizational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.